West Bengal Public Service Commission—Recruitment of 268 Boys and Girls is going on under the division of— Sub-Ordinate Educational Services (Inspection Branch), Agriculture Division and School Education Division. Posts – “Assistant Master”, “Assistant Mistress”, “Pass Graduate Teacher”, “Drawing Mistress”, “Agricultural Marketing Officer (Training & Canning)” and “Sub-Inspector of School (Inspection Branch)”. Advt. No- 9/2011
1. Sub-Inspector of School: 213 Nos. (Gen-77; OBC-41; SC-68; ST-18; PH-9).
Qualification: Second Class Honors Graduates or Second class Master Degree course pass may apply. Candidates should have 55% in Matriculation, 50% in Higher Secondary and 50% in Honors Degree Course and should have done B.T. or B.Ed Course.
Salary: Rs.9000- Rs.40500 and Grade pay—Rs.4700
2. Assistant master (Bengali Medium): 31 Nos. Vacancies subject wise given below , only boys can apply:-
(i) BENGALI (post code-1.b): 3nos. (OBC-1; SC-2)
(ii) CHEMISTRY (post code- 1.C): 7nos. (gen-4; OBC-1; SC-2)
(iii) COMMERCE (post code- 1.D) : 2nos. (Gen-1; OBC-A- 1)
(iv) ENGLISH (post-code- 1.E): 3nos. (Gen)
(v) HISTORY (1.F): 1nos. (SC)
(vi) MATH (1.G): 4nos. (Gen-3; OBC-B – 1)
(vi)PHYSICS (1.H): 5nos. (Gen-2; OBC-A – 1; SC-1; ST-1)
(vii) SANSKRIT (1.I): 3nos. (Gen-1; OBC-A – 1; ST-1)
(viii) LIFE SCIENCE (1.A): 3nos. (Gen-2; SC-1)
Qualification: Given below.
3. Assistant Mistress (Bengali Medium): 10 Nos. vacancies subject wise given below. Only girls can apply:-
(i) BENGALI (2.A) : 2nos. (Gen-1; ST-1)
(ii) CHEMISTRY (2.B) : 2nos. (Gen)
(iii) MATHEMATICS(2.C) : 3nos.(Gen-2; ST-1)
(iv) PHYSICS(2.D) : 3nos. (Gen-2; OBC-B – 1)
Qualification: given below
4. Assistant Mistress (Urdu Medium): 2nos.
(i) Geography (3.A): 1nos. (Gen)
(ii) Physics(3.B): 1nos. (OBC-A)
Required qualification for Assistant Master and Assistant Mistress:
(1). For posts Code No. 1(a) Second Class Honours or Second Class Master’s Degree of a recognised University in Zoology with Botany as a subsidiary subject in the Degree Course or A Second Class Honours or Second Class Master’s Degree of a recognised University in Botany with Zoology as a subsidiary subject in the degree course or A Second Class Honours or Second Class Master’s Degree of a recognised University in Physiology with Botany and Zoology as subsidiary subjects in the Degree Course; and
For all posts code no. 1(b to i), 2(a to d) & 3(a & b) Second Class Honours or Second Class Master’s Degree from a recognised University in appropriate subject viz. Bengali, Chemistry, Commerce, English, History, Mathematics, Physics, Sanskrit & Geography as the case may be.
(2) Knowledge in Bengali – Spoken & Written [For the posts at item no. 1(a to i) &2(a to d)],
Knowledge in Urdu – Spoken & Written [(For all the posts at item no. 3 (a & b)].
(3) Desirable qualification: B.T. or B.Ed, candidates who do not have this qualification may apply but if selected for the post, the salary will be on an ad-hoc basis until the candidate obtains the degree.)
Salary: For all the posts code no.1,2, & 3 Rs.9,000/- – Rs.40,500/- with Grade Pay Rs.4,800/- for candidates with Master’s Degree and Rs.9,000/- – Rs.40,500/- with Grade Pay Rs.4,700/- for candidates with Honours Degree.
5. Pass Graduate Teacher: 7Nos. Subject wise vacancies—
(i) ARTS (post code- 6.A): 3nos. (Gen)
(ii) SCIENCE (post code- 6.B): 4nos. (Gen-2; SC-2)
Qualification: Graduate in Arts candidates can apply for Arts and Graduates in Science candidates may apply for Science. Candidates should have done B.T. or B.Ed and knows to read, write and speak in Bengali.
Pay: Rs.7100-Rs.37600. Grade Pay: 4100
6. Agricultural Marketing Officer (Training & Canning): 8nos. (Gen-3; SC-2, OBC-A -1; OBC-B- 1; PH-1)
Post Code: 08
Qualification: Degree in Food Technology/Food Technology and Biochemical engineering OR B.Sc. degree and Training in Fruit Preservation/Fruit Processing at Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore/Bangalore or any other Government or Government Organised Institution or five years’ experience in a Fruit Preservation or Processing Factory of repute or Training Centre under Government,
Candidates should have ability to read and write in Bengali/Nepali.
Pay Scale: Rs.9000 to Rs.40500 and Grade pay of Rs.4700.
Age limit: For all the above posts, age should not be more than 32yrs as on 1-1-2011. Age Relaxation—OBC-3yrs; SC/ST-3yrs and PH- as per norms.
Selection Mode: Candidates will be selected through Screening Test, Written Test and Interview.
How to Apply: Application can be prepared as per given format. Application format is available for official site—http://pscwb.org.in
Along with application form, enclosed the following documents in Attested copies—
- Madhyamik Certificate and all other Educational certificates
- Caste/PH certificates
- Experience Certificates, on basis of post.
- Recent one copy of passport size photo pasted on application and self-signed on it.
- One self addressed post card
- 2nos. Self addressed envelope without any postal stamp
- Treasury Challan/Postal Order of Rs.160 in favour of—Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, and payable at—Kolkata. Treasury challan is available from Govt.Treasury or Reserve Bank of India on the following title—“0051-00-105- State PSC Examination fees-001-Examination fees-16 other fees”. No fee required for SC/ST and PH candidates.
On the top of the application containing envelope, super scribe—“(i) Advertisement No.9/2011, (ii) Item/Code No……., Name of Post applied for………”
Last Date to Apply: Application should reach within 30th August 2011. At the following address—“The Secretary, Public Service Commission, West Bengal, 161-A, S.P. Mukherjee Road, Kolkata—700 026”.
Application can be also submitted directly by visiting the above address during the office hours- 11 AM to 3 PM.
Got Question? Discuss the above post on our Discussion Forum.